Search This Blog

Sunday, 10 March 2019

Journal Entry For Camp

Motivation:
Camp Experiences


Learning Objectives:
Level 3
  • Show a developing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.
  • Select, form, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
  • Use language features appropriately, showing a developing understanding of their effects.
  • Organize texts, using a range of appropriate structures.


Level 4
  • Show an increasing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.
  • Select, develop, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
  • Use a range of language features appropriately, showing an increasing understanding of their effects.
  • Organize texts. Using a range of appropriate structures.


Learning goals:
  • To hook the reader in with an interesting beginning
  • A variety of sentence starters
  • A variety of sentence lengths
  • Edit and rework
  • Effective peer checking and feedback

Journal Entry For Camp.

Staring down at the miniature people as you dangle 10 meters in the air. Trying not to look down. Your classmates start to count, 3..2..1 AAA, you suddenly drop as you feel you are falling to your death. The rush you get as you almost faint swinging back and forth feeling as if it won't stop. As you gently come to a halt the feeling you get as if you had conquered the world, I thought that I could have done anything after that.

Walking back to the hall you smelt the delicious perfectly cooked fish and the hot greasy chips as you sat down waiting to go inside. Walking into the room a gush of air smashed into your face as your eyes widen with excitement. Sitting down at your table you sit up as straight and as quiet as you can waiting to get picked first. Running as fast as you can towards the plates you try to grab the best one you can find as you watch all the food get plated. Taking your first bite you immediately know you want seconds as you stuff the rest of it in your face.

Walking back to your bunk rooms you moan saying " I don't want to go to bed yet". Climbing into your P.J's you hear the people next door shouting and screaming as you climb into bed still hyper and full of energy. Gently closing your eyes you think in your head that tomorrow will be another awesome day.  
                    

I thought that I spelled all my multi-syllable words correct and that I didn't use boring words but really expressed what was happening with interesting hooking words.
I think that I linked my paragraphs good because it sounded like it was carrying on from my last paragraph.
I thought that I supported my main ideas with carefully chosen detail and comments really well because I had a sentence like a gush of air smashed into your face as your eyes widen with excitement. 


                                                         

1 comment:

  1. Seth, what a wonderful self reflection - you're right you have done a fantastic job adding interesting words and detail to your story. You have also done a fantastic job linking paragraphs, your next step is to use a range of sentence starters and paragraph starters.
    - Miss Lamond

    ReplyDelete